Rakhi: I’m really glad that Si and Rach enjoyed their trip to Korea. It was lovely to see them both and although I burnt the candle at both ends, it was well worth it. I’m on the road to recovery now though and by the time Neal and Lyndsey arrive tomorrow my batteries will be recharged and I’ll be back to full power ready for the weekend!
Even though it was a fairly fleeting visit, we managed to do loads of things with Si and Rach. I too loved cycling along the Han River, the sky was clear blue and the sun shone brightly so it was the perfect day and way to see Seoul. We rode along the banks up to Seonyudo Park, back to Yeouido and refreshed ourselves at ‘Walking the Cloud’ bar on the 59th floor of The 63 Builidng. It was great to return up there, it definitely is one of the best bars in Seoul.
Last Friday night, we went to a funk night at Cargo which was brilliant even though it wasn’t very busy. Unfortunately, because of the super late night (or rather, early morning) we missed the traditional dance performance at Gyeongbokgung Palace on Saturday. All was not lost though, Sanchon in Insadong never fails to impress with its great traditional Korean drumming and dance performances and tasty food. Later, I think Sam aka ‘Norebang Queen’ (she’s a norebang veteran) felt slightly put out that the computer rated Si 100% for his performance of ‘YMCA!” This supreme achievement had been preceded by an excellent score at the batting range in Insadong prompting Si to confess it was the best day of his life. Nothing could keep him down!
Right now, it’s nearly 3 in the afternoon but you could be forgiven for thinking it’s 9pm. It’s gone really dark outside, rain is lashing down and it’s thundering and lightning. I hope it helps to clear the air and the weather improves by the time Neal and Lyndsey arrive. Next weekend there’s supposed to be a Cherry Blossom Festival near the Han River. I know cherry blossom trees are synonymous with Japan and can be seen on all sorts of Japanese arts and crafty things but they’re supposed to be beautiful (though not as numerous) here too. There are various regions across the country where they can be seen in all they’re splendour and luckily one is here. Neal and Lyndsey have said they’d like to go to the festival and I would too, I only hope the weather’s good by then.
Even though it was a fairly fleeting visit, we managed to do loads of things with Si and Rach. I too loved cycling along the Han River, the sky was clear blue and the sun shone brightly so it was the perfect day and way to see Seoul. We rode along the banks up to Seonyudo Park, back to Yeouido and refreshed ourselves at ‘Walking the Cloud’ bar on the 59th floor of The 63 Builidng. It was great to return up there, it definitely is one of the best bars in Seoul.
Last Friday night, we went to a funk night at Cargo which was brilliant even though it wasn’t very busy. Unfortunately, because of the super late night (or rather, early morning) we missed the traditional dance performance at Gyeongbokgung Palace on Saturday. All was not lost though, Sanchon in Insadong never fails to impress with its great traditional Korean drumming and dance performances and tasty food. Later, I think Sam aka ‘Norebang Queen’ (she’s a norebang veteran) felt slightly put out that the computer rated Si 100% for his performance of ‘YMCA!” This supreme achievement had been preceded by an excellent score at the batting range in Insadong prompting Si to confess it was the best day of his life. Nothing could keep him down!
Right now, it’s nearly 3 in the afternoon but you could be forgiven for thinking it’s 9pm. It’s gone really dark outside, rain is lashing down and it’s thundering and lightning. I hope it helps to clear the air and the weather improves by the time Neal and Lyndsey arrive. Next weekend there’s supposed to be a Cherry Blossom Festival near the Han River. I know cherry blossom trees are synonymous with Japan and can be seen on all sorts of Japanese arts and crafty things but they’re supposed to be beautiful (though not as numerous) here too. There are various regions across the country where they can be seen in all they’re splendour and luckily one is here. Neal and Lyndsey have said they’d like to go to the festival and I would too, I only hope the weather’s good by then.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home