From Korea with Love

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Joel: We've just got back from a swim at the Olympic swimming pool in Sosa (one stop away)and I'm feeling pretty envigorated. My lack of exercise since we did the Liverpool half-marathon in March has been shocking. Now we've discovered the pool I'm determined it's going to become a part of my life - it's far too hot here to go running. I had to shell out for the manditory swimming cap but wearing it can only be a good thing - I feel like a pro! Soon, so we're told, the open air pools along the river open up for the summer. I really can't wait.

I had some exciting news today. Debbie told me that in the "fall" there's going to be an arts festival at my school. Along with dance perfomances and piano recitals, she told me, the principle wants me to put on an English play of my choice with some of the students. It will be a performance for all the teachers and parents and the technical staff are down to work on the building of the set. I think it's going to be great fun. I'll have to come up with something pretty special.

And now we have our tickets to the festival at Pentaport. To have a gig like this going on just up the road couldn't be missed. There'll be loads of Korean bands to check out along with the British and American headliners but more than anything I'm looking forward to feeling that festival vibe. Camping for four nights...relaxing in the sun...crates of beer...portaloos...okay, it's not perfect, but I bet the Koreans have developed some high-tech, odourless loos and kept them a secret from the world. Here's hoping.

And I'm not even going to mention the football. Anyone who needs one final cry to get it out of thier system should check out this nonsense. You need the audio. They couldn't have got it more wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRrkCLXzjU&search=rooney%20song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home