From Korea with Love

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Joel: Now I know we're going. My bags are packed and I'm all set for the long flight - this time tomorrow we'll be in Amsterdam. Packing things up and throwing things away has been an interesting and emotional experience; the excitement of what the future holds for us in our new home on the outskirts of Seoul is balanced by the knowledge of who and what we're leaving behind. Manchester's been great to me. I'm leaving on the back of a fantastic family dinner and a birthday BBQ that was great fun. Tomorrow we take a massive leap into the unknown. A real test in so many ways. Next time I write it will be from Seoul. I'm dead excited. What the heeelll!

Rakhi: Well, the last few days have been a mixture of sadness and excitement for me. I'm really looking forward to being in Korea and teaching; it's the kind of adventure i've wanted to do for ages. It's been hard saying bye to the people I care about though. Tomorrow's going to be hard saying bye to my family at the airport but as soon as I get on the plane i'll be fine. We get TWO meals! One on the way to Amsterdam and then another meal AND snacks on the planes from 'dam to Seoul! I can't wait. I hope the films good, i'm gutted i haven't got a screen on the back of my seat though.
Bye to all my lovely family and friends- watch this space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home